-
December 5th, 2001, 03:21 AM
#21
~*AngelKiss*~
Guest
That wasn't very nice
------------------
To love is nothing
To be loved is something
To love and be loved is everything......
-
December 5th, 2001, 09:15 AM
#22
Inactive Member
so um back to the song shall we...
*mumbles* wait I don't know the song 
*walks out*
------------------
I am my own master but not always master of myself.
Crazy Kerala's Place
-
December 5th, 2001, 01:37 PM
#23
HB Forum Owner
-
December 5th, 2001, 01:38 PM
#24
Inactive Member
*didn't know Christains had a monopoly on "this time of year"*
wow...learn something new every day.
------------------
-
December 5th, 2001, 03:04 PM
#25
Inactive Member
I must have missed something...I thought that's what Christmas was celebrating.
course you can't say Merry Christmas anymore, they can't call it Christmas break.
-
December 5th, 2001, 03:55 PM
#26
-
December 5th, 2001, 09:38 PM
#27
Inactive Member
Thanks Blaze for putting the dreidle on this thread for me *S* I thought it was sweet. I guess I'm confused too cos I always thought that Christmas was one day out of the year not "this time of the year" or is it twelve days of Christmas and where did that come from anyway? Lots of celebrations go on all over the world at "this time of year" and I think it was a bunch of tree worshiping druids or some pagans that started it all as a winter solstice event *L* To the best of my knowledge, the actual historical birth of Jesus according to the Hebrew calander would put it somewhere in June or July but then around the sixth century a Catholic guy, hmmm...can't remember what he was...bishop? began the whole Christian celebration of the birth of Christ and put it around the winter solstice because it was already such a widely celebrated event. But I could be totally wrong about all of this *L*...cos I'm just a Jew. What would I know? *L*
------------------
-
December 5th, 2001, 09:44 PM
#28
Inactive Member
well...ok wait...I do know something *L*...St. Nicholas was a real person. He was Russian if memory serves me (I could go look it up but I'm too lazy *L*) and he used to go around and throw small bags of coins into the stockings of poor girls who left them to dry in front of the fireplace because without any kind of a dowry they would have not have been desirable wife material and would have ended up in a life a prostitution. I think that is a really good story to tell Christain kids around the fireplace on Christmas Eve while sipping hot cocoa *L*
------------------
-
December 5th, 2001, 11:40 PM
#29
Inactive Member
yeah...clearly I'm the hypersensitive one *L*
the "I'm only a Jew" comment was a joke *L*...just a touch of irony.
So was the comment about telling kids that story (you'll note the *L* after those comments indicating that I was laughing when I said them) I find it the history of a lot of these celebrations funny...so sue me...I also find it humorous that Hanukkah begins (as is true with many Jewish holidays) with a bloody war, decapitation and the slaughtering of pigs *LOL*
Generally we leave those parts out when we get invited to local schools to present on the holiday *L*
------------------
-
December 5th, 2001, 11:47 PM
#30
Inactive Member
WTF? i put a post up and it didn't post?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks